New Life Support Aims:
- To help young people, but not exclusively, to develop capabilities to grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
- The relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be thought fit, including assistance to find employment.
- To relieve elderly people who are in need by providing services to assist with financial hardship, sickness and poor health
- Prevention or relief of poverty by assisting in the provision of education, training, healthcare projects and all the necessary support designed to enable individuals to generate a sustainable income and be self-sufficient.
- The Christian faith underpins the values and holistic work undertaken by New Life Support.
We achieve our aims by offering:
Support - Individual support, support groups, finding out what the needs of individual young people are and meeting those needs.
Activities - We will work with young people to provide activities that will have both a social and educational edge to them, such as recreational activities, art activities, trips out and sport.
Information - We want young people to make informed choices about their lives. We will, therefore, offer relevant information and literature to young people on issues such as healthy living, drugs, sexual health.
Training - We support young people in getting involved in good quality, relevant training. We will help young people to access the training that will best suit the requirements of the young person.
Advocacy work - Raising awareness of the needs of the young people we are working with. Speaking to and working with other professionals and voluntary organisations and by attending multi-agency forums.
Faith and Belief – presenting opportunities for young people to consider the Christian faith in a relevant and non-pressured environment. Enabling young people to make their own decisions about faith and belief.